3 Stocks Pushing The Financial Sector Higher
1. As of noon trading, Morgan Stanley ( MS) is up $0.11 (0.6%) to $17.91 on light volume Thus far, 5.0 million shares of Morgan Stanley exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 19.9 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $17.70-$17.91 after having opened the day at $17.72 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $17.80. Morgan Stanley, a financial holding company, provides various financial products and services to corporations, governments, financial institutions, and individuals worldwide. Morgan Stanley has a market cap of $34.9 billion and is part of the financial services industry. Shares are up 17.0% year to date as of the close of trading on Thursday. Currently there are 10 analysts that rate Morgan Stanley a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Morgan Stanley as a hold. The company's strongest point has been its strong cash flow from operations. At the same time, however, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity. Get the full Morgan Stanley Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the financial sector could consider Financial Select Sector SPDR ( XLF) while those bearish on the financial sector could consider Proshares Short Financials ( SEF). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts