SBA Plans Workshop For Businesses Missing Hockey
BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) â¿¿ With the NHL lockout dragging on, the Small Business Association says assistance is available for hard-hit businesses.
Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand says the SBA plans a workshop Friday in Buffalo, N.Y. where restaurants, hotels and other businesses are missing the crowds they normally see for Sabres games.
All games through Dec. 30 have been canceled. That's 43 percent of the season.
City tourism officials estimate the lockout has cost Buffalo nearly $2 million in lost hotel revenues alone.The SBA offers small, short-term loans, as well as technical assistance and other guidance.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV