NEW YORK (TheStreet) - Looking forward to a vacation? A warm beach, freshly powdered mountain, long romantic dinners, rounds of golf, wild nights of dancing or hours of reading by the fire...Getting away for the holidays can be the best gift of all.
But vacations around the winter holidays usually involve more family time than some are used to spending. And, as adorable as those little cherubs can be when all is merry and bright, there is bound to be a moment (or two) when mommy, daddy, auntie, or grandpa needs to unplug.
Fortunately, an Apple (AAPL) iPad is easier to pack and port than dolls, toys and board games. And chances are that your kids will enjoy the expensive device as much as you do. According to a Nielsen study earlier this year of tablet-owning households, 70% of children under 12 use the tablet.
To ensure everyone has a memorable holiday in the sand and sun or frost-chilled air, TheStreet recommends downloading these five, child-friendly apps:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV