"I think we're going to hear good news from Carmax (KMX)," Cramer said. Carmax reports Thursday. He sees the recovery in new car sales now filtering down to the used car supplier.
Also Thursday is Darden (DRI). "The bar has been set very low for Darden," Cramer said. "Maybe it's time to think about a new transition management team if they fail to get it together."
Inventory concerns in China continue to weaken Nike (NKE), Cramer said. Look for an update when the company reports Thursday after the bell.On Friday is Walgreen's (WAG). How will the drug-store chain take on thecompetition? Cramer expects the company to start showing better numbers now that it put its tiff with ExpressScripts (ESRX) behind it. "I think we should get used to the idea of the fiscal cliff and be prepared," Cramer said. "We've got a series of good companies reporting next week. If you really like them, understand you can buy some of them, but the fiscal cliff looms on even the best."
Battle of the 3-DsCramer said he's been hearing from viewers about 3-D printers, which are showing up in a lot of places. He said these printers are "not a flash in the pan" but are here to stay. But which company stock to buy? Cramer said the choice really comes down to two companies: 3D Systems (DDD) and Stratesys (SSYS), and he put them head to head. Both are fine companies, he said, and both will do well. But Stratesys is cheaper and also has the advantage of a recent acquisition of another 3-D printer maker, Objet. Objet's business complements Stratesys's while giving it access to 260 resellers and selling agents around the world. 3-D printers are not cheap -- they run from $19,000 to $600,000 -- and neither is Stratesys stock, although it is a bargain compared with the higher-priced 3D Systems. Cramer said 3D is "no slouch either" but it doesn't have any mergers on the horizon.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV