Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
That said, he'll spend Sunday morning watching the talk shows, waiting for a politician to say something encouraging.He'd love to hear a Republican says the words "tax increase" without the word "no" in front. And he'd love to hear a Democrat says the words "spending cuts" without the word "no" in front. Still, "We've got to gird ourselves for the cliff," Cramer said. And that means next week's game plan includes paying attention to the coming week's earnings and data. On Monday, we get the Empire State Manufacturing Survey before the bell, and this, along with General Electric (GE) earnings, will set the tone for the market all day. Cramer expects GE to be upbeat, especially after increasing its dividend to 12%. "It's going to be a good story," he said. There's been a lot of speculation that Oracle (ORCL) could report a better than expected quarter on Tuesday. "The quarter has to be 'lights-out' or we'll see a beat-down," Cramer said. General Mills (GIS) reports Wednesday. "It's a consistent gainer that delivers good returns over time and a nice dividend," Cramer says of the stock. "It's worth owning because it doesn't get hammered." Accenture (ACN) reports after the bell. "I think this could be one of the best consulting companies out there," Cramer said. "If I had to buy one stock for a trade next week I'd buy this on Tuesday ahead of the report." Cramer is worried about Bed, Bath and Beyond (BBBY), which also reports Wednesday. "The stock acts so horribly even on good days," he said. "We might ask how much lower can it get." The problem at BBBY is that it is cheap yet it has a great balance sheet. "I think Washington is destroying confidence and I expect Paychex (PAYX) to confirm this as well," Cramer said of the company reporting Wednesday after the bell.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV