AAA Michigan Supports Cell Phone Ban, Bill Headed To Governor's Desk
DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- AAA Michigan strongly supports legislation which passed the Michigan Legislature early today to prohibit novice teen drivers from talking on cell phones while driving. Senate Bill 756, which was passed earlier this year by the Michigan Senate, was passed today by the Michigan House with a 74-33 vote. The bill is headed to Governor Rick Snyder for his consideration.
Under the legislation, teenage drivers with a Level 1 or 2 license will have to comply with cell phone restrictions. The only exemptions would be allowing new teen drivers to report a crash, emergency or crime. Numerous studies have shown that new teen drivers are far more likely to be involved in cell phone-related crashes than older, more experienced drivers.
The bill would allow police to issue a civil infraction to teens who are in violation of the new law. AAA Michigan encourages the passage of the law, referred to as "Kelsey's Law," named for Kelsey Raffaele, a 17-year-old Michigan resident who was killed while talking on her cell phone and driving.To help new teen drivers – and their parents – AAA offers a web site, TeenDriving.AAA.com. This comprehensive resource provides extensive state-specific information and useful tools to help teens improve their driving skills. New drivers will find interactive exercises, quizzes and games as well as videos of experts and teens talking about safety. The site includes a downloadable parent-teen driving agreement. AAA.com SOURCE AAA Michigan
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV