Intuit’s unique focus on delivering “ Big Data for the Little Guy” empowers individuals and small businesses by allowing them to benefit from the power of their own data as well as the collective wisdom of millions of fellow Intuit customers. This means that small businesses now have access to insights that were once only available to big, multi-million dollar companies, and enables consumers to put their own data back to work for them.
“Data is the catalyst that is powering new innovative products that will improve the lives of our customers and help us grow our business,” said Smith.
The New Data Democracy in Action
Connected through the global grid and mobile devices, the data revolution will shape how individuals make decisions, change the rules of commerce and level the playing field for small businesses and consumers. Intuit is already bringing powerful data-driven insights to its customers. Examples include:
- QuickBooks Online's Trends feature, which anonymously aggregates customer data, allows small businesses to see how their income and expenses stack up against similar businesses. For example, a roofer in Philadelphia grossing $250,000 a year can compare results with other roofers in the area or across the country.
- Demandforce, which provides the leading consumer demand creation solution for small businesses that empowers them to tap into their own data to grow revenue, keep clients coming back, and manage operations more effectively. Demandforce has delivered more than $1 billion in incremental revenue for its 35,000 small business customers.
- Intuit Loan Finder, a new service that helps small businesses obtain capital faster and at lower rates from lenders. The service also helps lenders make more informed risk decisions, increasing the potential for small businesses to obtain a loan quickly.
- Mint, which customers rely on to interpret their unique data to help them save money on everything from lower credit card fees to better mortgage rates. Through its Ways to Save engine, Mint has identified more than $2.4 billion in savings for its 10 million users.
- Mobile Purchase Rewards, which allows consumers to receive customized discounts based on personal buying habits, which they can redeem with the swipe of a debit card, no coupons required. The savings are then automatically deposited back in their checking account at the end of each month.
- Report: The New Data Democracy and Perspective from CEO Brad Smith
- Intuit CEO Brad Smith Presentation on Big Data for the Little Guy
- Omnibus Survey of Small Business Attitudes on Big Data
- Video: Big Data for the Little Guy
- Emergent Research
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV