Biopharmaceutical company Endocyte has selected the Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) cloud-based platform to support the execution of multiple ongoing clinical trials focused on the development of targeted therapies for cancer and other serious diseases. Endocyte has a rich pipeline of drugs in clinical development, including proprietary technology for ovarian and lung cancer indications. The company recently filed for commercial authorization in the European Union (EU) for one treatment aimed at addressing a form of ovarian cancer. Endocyte is implementing the combined solution of Medidata’s electronic data capture (EDC) and clinical data management (CDM) system Medidata Rave ® along with Medidata CTMS™.
- “The Medidata Clinical Cloud will allow us to maintain streamlined operations and efficient execution of our ongoing clinical trials,” said Hong Ma, director of clinical operations, Endocyte. “This will ensure that we obtain the highest level of data quality and integrity.”
Endocyte is taking advantage of one of Medidata’s core competencies—quick migration of existing trial data from other systems into the standards-based Medidata platform. Endocyte is using Medidata Rave to ensure high quality and integrity of captured patient data, and Medidata CTMS to streamline operations. With the unique benefits offered by the Medidata Clinical Cloud, including the seamless flow of study data between the Medidata Rave EDC/CDM system and Medidata CTMS, Endocyte will benefit from a continued high level of study data accuracy and streamlined trial execution.
- “The Medidata Clinical Cloud is designed to accelerate trials, while reducing both cost and risk,” said Glen de Vries, president, Medidata Solutions. “Embracing Medidata’s platform will bring continued efficiency to the development of Endocyte’s rich pipeline.”
Connect with Medidata:
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: .@Endocyte uses @Medidata platform to support ovarian & lung cancer drug trials, files for authorization for EU market http://bit.ly/U7SWfP
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
About EndocyteEndocyte is a biopharmaceutical company developing targeted therapies for the treatment of cancer and inflammatory diseases. Endocyte uses its proprietary technology to create novel SMDCs and companion imaging diagnostics for personalized targeted therapies. The company's SMDCs actively target receptors that are over-expressed on diseased cells, relative to healthy cells. This targeted approach is designed to enable the treatment of patients with highly active drugs at greater doses, delivered more frequently, and over longer periods of time than would be possible with the untargeted drug alone. The companion imaging diagnostics are designed to identify patients whose disease over-expresses the target of the therapy and who are therefore more likely to benefit from treatment. About Medidata Solutions Medidata Solutions is a leading global provider of cloud-based clinical development solutions that enhance the efficiency of customers’ clinical trials. Medidata’s advanced platform lowers the total cost of clinical development by optimizing clinical trials from concept to conclusion: from study and protocol design, trial planning and budgeting, site negotiation, clinical portal, trial management, randomization and trial supply management, clinical data capture and management, safety events capture, medical coding to business analytics. Our diverse life science customer base spans biopharmaceutical companies, medical device and diagnostic companies, academic and government institutions, CROs and other research organizations, and includes more than 20 of the top 25 global pharmaceutical companies as well as organizations of all sizes developing life-enhancing medical treatments and diagnostics.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV