Don't Get Too Excited by Our 10 Fastest-Growing Professions
No. 4 fastest-growing career: Brickmason/stonemason's helper
Projected 2010-20 growth: 60.1%
Brickmason's helpers are members of another field the BLS expects to benefit from the U.S. construction industry's recovery.
The agency predicts firms will create 17,600 brickmason-helper jobs during the current decade -- better than a 60% growth rate.
Brickmason's helpers (median pay: $27,820) tote equipment and otherwise assist masons with brick, stone, tile and marble installation.Like other kinds of construction helpers, brickmason's helpers generally need just a GED or a high-school education, although some attend technical schools or complete long apprenticeships. And again, employers tend to favor military veterans, as well as helpers experienced in multiple construction fields.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV