Don't Get Too Excited by Our 10 Fastest-Growing Professions
BOSTON ( TheStreet) -- Looking to build a career for yourself where there's healthy demand for you skills? Consider construction or health care.
The U.S. Labor Department found recently that the building and medical trades boast eight of the 10 professions the agency expects will see the fastest job growth during the current decade.
In fact, construction and health care host nine of the 10 fastest-growing jobs, if you count veterinary work as part of the medical field.
"We see a large number of health care occupations on the list because there's going to be greater demand for medical care as baby boomers grow older," says Teri Morisi of the Labor Department's Bureau of Labor Statistics.Morisi says the BLS also expects construction jobs to boom as the building business rebounds from a big hit it took during the Great Recession. "We don't expect
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV