DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford brings an all-new compact Transit Connect commercial van to market, ideally suited to small business owners and fleets placing high value on fuel efficiency
- Transit Connect Van is expected to deliver at least 5 mpg better fuel economy on the highway than Ram C/V Cargo Van while carrying more payload than a full-size Ram 1500 pickup truck
- Anticipating up to 30+ mpg on the highway with EcoBoost ® power, Transit Connect Van offers customers their choice of two fuel-efficient four-cylinder engines, two wheelbase lengths, two model series and an available CNG/LPG prep package
- Transit Connect Van takes versatility to a new level with convenient sliding side doors, side-hinged rear cargo doors, a choice of side and rear window configurations, and an estimated 1,600-pound payload
With global commercial vehicle sales expected to jump significantly during the next several years, Ford's all-new 2014 Transit Connect cargo van is set to provide cost-conscious commercial fleets and small business owners with unmatched fuel economy and versatility in an expanding commercial vehicle market.
Redesigned from the ground up, Ford Transit Connect cargo van drives and parks like a car, hauls more payload than a full-size Ram 1500 pickup, and delivers fuel efficiency unmatched by any other commercial vehicle in North America today – 30+ mpg on the highway.
"We have completely reengineered Transit Connect with North American business owners top of mind," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford's president of The Americas. "This all-new cargo hauler offers entrepreneurs and fleet owners a unique combination of leading fuel efficiency, cargo capacity and maneuverability."With global commercial vehicle sales expected to grow by 4.8 million during the next several years to 21 million units annually by 2017, Transit Connect represents a major opportunity. Ford is the second-largest commercial brand in the world and best-selling commercial vehicle brand in North America. The company is leveraging its One Ford product strategy to meet the growing needs of Transit Connect customers in 66 global markets with vans that are Built Ford Tough and even more fuel efficient and capable and with greater choice of bodystyles. Transit Connect joins the most fuel-efficient lineup in Ford Motor Company's history. Next year, Ford will offer eight vehicles rated at 40 mpg or higher – double 2011's total, and more than any other automaker. Ford tops Toyota in fuel economy in every segment in which both companies compete.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts