DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 14, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- All-new Transit joins the nation's best-selling lineup of commercial vehicles, giving Ford customers best-in-class fuel economy, the segment's lowest cost of ownership, increased capability and Built Ford Tough durability
- Ford Transit offers the broadest lineup of configurations for full-size van customers, available in more variations than the competition combined – three body lengths, two wheelbases, three roof heights and in van, wagon, chassis cab and cutaway variations
- Ford Transit will achieve an average of 25 percent better fuel economy and haul at least 300 pounds more than today's E-Series
The familiar van that delivers packages or shuttles you to the airport is about to change in a revolutionary way. Ford's all-new full-size 2014 Transit van will provide professional tradesmen and commercial fleet customers with unmatched fuel economy, innovative new configurations and leading versatility in the expanding commercial vehicle market.
"The all-new Transit is a game changer," said Joe Hinrichs, Ford's president of The Americas. "Transit raises the game for our customers in North America and around the world with even greater work capability and significantly lower operating costs, helping improve their productivity and bottom lines. These, literally, are the vehicles people trust and rely on for their livelihoods."With global commercial vehicle sales expected to grow by 4.8 million during the next several years to 21 million units annually by 2017, Transit represents a major opportunity. Ford is the second-largest commercial vehicle manufacturer in the world and best-selling commercial vehicle brand in North America. The company is leveraging its One Ford product strategy to meet the needs of Transit customers on six continents and in 116 markets with vans that are Built Ford Tough, more fuel efficient and even more capable. Transit joins the most fuel-efficient lineup in Ford Motor Company's history. Next year, Ford will offer eight vehicles rated at 40 mpg or higher – double 2011's total, and more than any other automaker. Ford tops Toyota in fuel economy in every segment in which both companies compete.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts