Hunter Wise Financial Group Managing Director Dan McClory Featured In Washington Post Special Report On "Advice For China's New Guard"
IRVINE, Calif., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Investment banker Dan McClory, Managing Director and Head of Equity Capital Markets for Hunter Wise Financial Group, was recently interviewed for the Washington Post's "Transition in China" Special Report. The report gathered perspectives on "Advice for China's New Guard" from a distinguished group of "influential thinkers in China and the United States" tapped to offer their advice to new PRC Premier Xi Jinping and others in China's next generation of leaders.
"Many see Xi Jinping and PRC politics as driven by China and the U.S. leading the world today. Don't forget that Mr. Xi's generation of party leadership lived through China needing the world for survival, to joining the world with the WTO, to saving the world during the global financial crisis," McClory observed.
" China's economy has opened up, but its politics have not kept pace. Mr. Xi's goal will be to keep the party at the forefront domestically, even though its economy has made it the first- or second-largest trading partner of 78 countries, with 55 percent of global GDP. I think he will be up to that domestic-tranquility-vs.-global-economy juggling act," he concluded.
Other participants in the Report included:
- Mao Yushi, economist
- Orville Schell, Director, Center on U.S.-China Relations, Asia Society
- Bill Black, Co-chair, Fleishman Hillard, Global Public Affairs Practice
- Jon Huntsman, former U.S. Ambassador to China
- Chen Guangcheng, dissident lawyer and visiting scholar at New York University
- Henry M. Paulson, Jr., former U.S. Treasury Secretary, former Goldman Sachs Chairman and Chief Executive
- Christopher H. Smith, Republican Congressman, New Jersey
- Nicholas R. Lardy, Senior Fellow, Peterson Institute for International Economics
- Ai Weiwei, contemporary artist and outspoken Communist Party critic
- Dai Qing, journalist and environmental activist
- Maurice "Hank" Greenberg, former Chairman and Chief Executive, American International Group
- John Frisbie, President, U.S.-China Business Council
- Zhang Lifan, historian
- Greg Brown, Chairman and Chief Executive, Motorola Solutions
- Hu Xijin, Editor-in-Chief, China state-run Global Times newspaper
- Barbara Hackman Franklin, former U.S. Secretary of Commerce
- Hung Huang, fashion magazine editor and daughter of Mao Zedong's translator and English tutor
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts