CTIA-The Wireless Association® Statement On House Intelligence Committee Chairman Roger's Comments On FCC Commissioners' Testimony
WASHINGTON , Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- After Chairman of the Intelligence Committee and a senior member of the Energy and Commerce Committee Mike Rogers (R-MI-08) issued a statement on the FCC Commissioners' testimony, CTIA-The Wireless Association® President and CEO Steve Largent said: (Logo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20100629/DC28223LOGO-a)
"We commend House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers for urging the Department of Defense , NTIA and the FCC to work together to free the unused and underutilized government spectrum for commercial use. As we have stated many times before, spectrum is a valuable and finite resource that fuels the 'virtuous cycle' of innovation and competition in the U.S. , which means Americans benefit from the world's best wireless products and services. As Chairman Rogers noted, spectrum is an engine to grow the U.S. economy, since it not only provides the U.S. Treasury with billions from the auction proceeds, but it also means our members will create even more jobs and invest in infrastructure across the country. America and Americans cannot afford to wait; we need to move as quickly as possible to make government spectrum available for commercial use."
CTIA-The Wireless Association ® ( www.ctia.org ) is an international organization representing the wireless communications industry. Membership in the association includes wireless carriers and their suppliers, as well as providers and manufacturers of wireless data services and products. CTIA advocates on behalf of its members at all levels of government. The association also coordinates the industry's voluntary best practices and initiatives, and sponsors the industry's leading wireless tradeshows. CTIA was founded in 1984 and is based in Washington, D.C.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV