With the arrival of the holidays and New Year comes the perennial time when individuals consider making changes to lose weight, get fit and address any number of personal vices. Yet, as New Year’s resolutions tend to fade away, many already will have reverted to old behaviors by February.
This January 1, 2013, however, hundreds of thousands nationwide will go beyond making short-term resolutions in exchange for long-term commitments to healthy and active lifestyles. In the case of Coloradans, thousands will descend upon Civic Center Park on January 1 at 9 a.m. MST for Commitment Day, marking the launch of a 365-day movement designed to unite all Americans in making personal commitments to a healthier way of life. The same will occur in 29 other U.S. cities with Americans participating in simultaneous 5K walk/run events, declaring their commitment and personal responsibility to make America healthier.
“Our nation is at a breaking point with ever-rising obesity rates and the time for change is now,” says Josh Colley, Race Director for the Denver Commitment Day event. “Commitment Day is all about inspiring a fitness revolution to urge all Americans to commit to a healthy and active way of life. It will be a day of epic proportions as hundreds of thousands of individuals join together in support of healthy eating, exercise, personal responsibility, giving and respect.”
All Commitment Day 5K walk/run will occur simultaneously at 8 a.m. PST, 9 a.m. MST, 10 a.m. CST, and 11 a.m. EST. The Denver event will take place in Civic Center Park. Registration will open at 7 a.m. MST and the 5K will begin at 9 a.m. MST. All participants will receive a Limited Edition Commitment Day t-shirt and a 2013 Commemorative Commitment Journal to help track their progress for living a healthy lifestyle throughout the year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV