Apple's Top 10 Free Apps of 2012
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Apple (AAPL) published its list of the top 10 apps of 2012, ranging from a wide variety of categories, including games, social networking, music, movies to even utility tools.
Here are the top 10
free apps in 2012, according to Apple.
Draw Something Draw Something, the popular game now owned by Zynga (ZNGA), was the top gaming app of 2012. Zynga recently wrote down its acquisition of OMGPOP, the maker of Draw Something.
YouTube Apple and Google (GOOG) have had a tumultuous relationship in 2012, and that may have led to the decision for Apple not to include YouTube in its new mobile operating system, iOS 6. Google eventually released a new app for iOS.
Temple Run Temple Run is a running game that allows you to race down ancient temple walls and along sheer cliffs. You collect coins and buy power ups while you're running, jumping and avoiding obstacles. The trick is to see how far you can run.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV