"We really weren't sure if customers in Northern California would give C-MAX hybrids a shot because the region has traditionally been import-heavy," says Paulus. "But they truly love the vehicle, so it's very exciting."Dealers in Southern California report a good response, too.
- SmartGauge ® with EcoGuide – SmartGauge is a unique instrument cluster that gives hybrid owners a more connected driving experience by coaching them to further maximize the fuel efficiency of the vehicle
- EV+ – Learns frequent destinations using the vehicle's onboard GPS system with the purpose of keeping it in electric-only mode for a longer period of time. Information about EV+ can be found here
- EV mode – Allows drivers to switch vehicle operation between three modes: driving all-electric only, normal hybrid mode or saving battery pack mode for later use
- Charge port light ring (C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid) – Conveniently located on the driver's side and near the front of the car, activates a light ring that illuminates the port twice when plugged in. The light ring then illuminates in quadrants as the car charges. Each quadrant represents 25 percent of the maximum battery charge
- Hands-free liftgate – The available hands-free liftgate allows for quick and easy access to the cargo area without fumbling for keys. A simple kicking motion under the rear bumper opens the liftgate when the user keeps the key fob to the vehicle in his or her pocket or purse, telling the vehicle it's OK to engage
- MyFord ® Mobile (C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid) – Allows owners to control select features of their vehicle from nearly anywhere, anytime, using the MyFord Mobile website or app. More details about MyFord Mobile can be found here