DEARBORN, Mich., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- Ford C-MAX Hybrid and C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid combined November sales beat Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v in C-MAX's first full month of availability
- C-MAX hybrids showcase Ford's most advanced technologies, making both vehicles natural selections for Official Car of the 2013 International CES, the largest technology trade show in the world
- Ford is committed to delivering leading fuel economy across our vehicle lineup to customers; C-MAX Hybrid is EPA-estimated to deliver 47 mpg city and highway; C-MAX Energi is EPA-estimated to deliver 108 MPGe city, 92 MPGe highway and 100 MPGe combined
Customers are reacting positively to the new Ford C-MAX Energi plug-in hybrid and C-MAX Hybrid, which combined to outsell Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v during November, the first full month both C-MAX hybrids were available.
A total of 4,848 C-MAX hybrids were sold in November compared with a total of 4,456 Toyota Prius plug-in and Prius v hybrids. The C-MAX sales figures helped Ford achieve its best hybrid sales month ever in November with 6,985 delivered.
"The C-MAX hybrids are off to a great start and our dealers and customers, especially in California, cannot get enough of them early in the launch," said Dave Mondragon, Ford Motor Company general marketing manager.Ford dealers in California say customer reaction to the C-MAX hybrids has been phenomenal. "Because Ford has so perfectly hit the nail on the head with C-MAX hybrids, we have a tremendous number of former import buyers in the dealership every weekend who say they are ready to purchase a domestic vehicle," said Tim Paulus, owner and president of The Ford Store Morgan Hill, located just south of San Jose in Northern California. The Ford Store Morgan Hill bought a 2013 Prius v and gives customers the chance to drive and compare it with a C-MAX. Paulus says not a single customer prefers the Prius v over the C-MAX hybrids.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts