LEHI, Utah, Dec. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. (Nasdaq:NATR), a leading natural health and wellness company engaged in the manufacture and direct selling of nutritional and personal care products, today announced that Gregory L. Probert, currently Executive Vice Chairman, has been appointed to Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors, and Kristine F. Hughes, currently Co-Founder and Chairman, will become Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors, both effective January 1, 2013. Michael D. Dean will continue to serve as Chief Executive Officer and a member of the Board.
Ms. Hughes stated, "I have never been more optimistic about the company's future. I have been involved in overseeing the growth of this company as an officer or director for over 30 years, and I believe that this is a positive and natural board re-alignment as we prepare for the future growth of the company. Along with strong leadership skills and broad executive experience in numerous consumer-oriented businesses, Greg brings valuable direct selling experience, having previously helped guide Herbalife to great success as its President and COO. I look forward to continuing to work with Greg in his new role and with the rest of the board, and will continue to actively bring my experience and insight as a founder through my new role as Vice Chairman."
Mr. Probert added, "I am very honored and excited about assuming the Chairmanship of Nature's Sunshine Products, Inc. I would like to thank Kristine for her many years of service as founder, director and Chairman of the company and I look forward to continuing to work closely with her in her role as Vice Chairman. I share Kristine's optimism about the company's strong future and I look forward to working with the management team and distributors as we continue to build upon our 40 year history of helping people live healthier and happier lives."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV