Gold Falls On Uncertainty Over US Budget Talks
Other commodities were mostly lower.
Benchmark oil fell 88 cents to finish at $85.89 per barrel, heating oil fell 2.31 cents to $2.9437 per gallon, wholesale gasoline dropped 4.44 cents to $2.6021 and natural gas ended down 3.5 cents at $3.347 per 1,000 cubic feet.
In agricultural crop contracts, March wheat fell 3.5 cents to end at $8.085 per bushel, March corn dropped 5.25 cents to $7.2025 per bushel and January soybeans rose 3 cents to $14.765 per bushel.
Orange juice futures rose for a fourth straight day on concerns about next year's production in Florida. Frozen orange juice concentrate for January delivery rose 3.15 cents, or 2.3 percent, to end at $1.3725 per pound.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV