Debra Borchardt: Loved, but $16 a month versus $8 a month, and I know that Redbox doesn't have...
Jim: Price war.
Debra Borchardt:...the same amount of movies, but yes, price war.
Jim: No, they don't. Well, don't take away my Netflix.Debra Borchardt: You're willing to pay $16 a month. Jim: I love Netflix. I really...I love to buy, watch things. I'm a binge viewer just like Reed Hastings talked about. I like to watch five hours in a row, watch with my kids and Netflix is instrumental. They always say, 'Dad, why are you using anything other than Netflix?' Debra Borchardt: It sound like then you expect that Netflix will probably take a beating for a short-term, maybe then? Jim: Well, I just think it's a trading vehicle. My problem with trading vehicles is that at a time when the fiscal cliff is bad and every day you have retail starting to roll over, it seems to me like why do I want to get involved with Netflix? If Costco (COST)puts a great number and it can't soar, although Costco would run in anticipation, why can't Netflix revisit that level that it was at before. So Netflix is a battle of the shorts versus the longs and those are battlegrounds, and I learned a long time ago, can't get an edge. So I'm staying away. Debra Borchardt: All right. Jim will buy Netflix the product, but not Netflix the stock. Jim: Yes, exactly right. --Written by Debra Borchardt in New York.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Debra Borchardt. Follow @WallandBroad
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV