PBS Coals Idling 2 W. Pa. Mines, Laying Off 138
The federal Energy Information Administration said in October that U.S. coal exports in 2012 were expected to break the previous record set in 1979, and that coal exports have tripled since 2003.
Overall, EIA reported this month that total U.S. coal production is expected to fall about 7 percent this year. Next year, Appalachian region coal production is expected to decline slightly.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV