The authors do caution intravenous doxorubicin may have limited drug exposure at the tumor site. Thermodox might increase doxorubicin concentration in the tumor but, again, success would break a long losing streak for any chemotherapy in primary liver cancer.
These are the main reasons why my fund manager source believes the Thermodox still will fail. He is short Celsion. I don't expect everyone to agree with him, but if you're a Thermodox believer and are betting on success in the phase III trial, it's still vital to know what the other side of the trade is thinking.
Celsion is expected to announce top-line results from the Thermodox study in January.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV