Dec. 13, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- Safelite AutoGlass
501(c)(3) giving arm of the nation's largest vehicle glass repair and replacement company, has awarded
in Impact Grants to
-area non-profits, six receiving
and one receiving
The recipient of the
grant was given to:
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters of Central Ohio : Replacement of a 12-passenger van used for the Camp Oty'Okwa summer program for at-risk and disadvantaged youth.
- Mid-Ohio Foodbank : Support for Mid-Ohio Foodbank's efforts to acquire 8.5 million pounds of fresh, nutrient-rich produce, donated by local farmers, distributors and suppliers, to distribute to Franklin County's residents in need.
- Boys and Girls Clubs of Columbus : Purchase of a new vehicle to transport additional children to the Club from areas that are currently under-served.
- Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio : Support of the Helping Hands program, designed to close the gap between what families pay to stay at the Ronald McDonald House and the actual costs.
- Children's Hunger Alliance : Support of the "Healthy Kids, Healthy Schools" initiative to reduce childhood obesity.
- LifeCare Alliance : Funding of 2,679 meals for LifeCare Alliance clients through Meals-on-Wheels program and Senior Dining Center as well as 43 new thermal bags for meal delivery.
"We give back to charity because it's simply the right thing to do. We believe in investing part of our profits into the betterment of mankind," said Safelite
President and CEO
. "We are looking forward to seeing the good work of our Impact Grant recipients and to building a long-term supportive partnership."
About The Safelite AutoGlass ® Foundation
The Safelite AutoGlass
Foundation was created in 2005 as the 501(c)(3) giving arm of the company aimed at supporting organizations that promote the health and well-being of families through monetary and in-kind contributions and volunteer hours.
The Safelite AutoGlass
Foundation is set up as a separate entity, governed by company employees from the corporate offices and the field organization. The Foundation administers giving on behalf of Safelite
and its employees, disbursing aid to approved causes or charities.
, Safelite AutoGlass
PR Manager, 614.210.9232,
SOURCE Safelite AutoGlass