"People are seeing Twitter as separate from all of the great literature of the world, and I think that's crazy," said Sanderson.
The writer, a guest blogger at The Huffington Post whose non-fiction book Gorilla Theater was published by Routledge, compares his Twitter novel to starting up a business.
"It's very similar to a startup in that it takes a lot of intense effort and you don't see the monetization right away," he said.
Sanderson also sees Twitter as opening new business opportunities to writers. "It's a way to use a new form to connect to traditional publishing," he told TheStreet. His goal, he adds, is to see 1,000, a Novel in Tweets published as a physical novel and an e-book."As it's tweeting, I'm also courting agents," he said. "It's a whole new way of doing business for literary fiction." -- Written by James Rogers in New York. Follow @jamesjrogers >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV