The Guardian newspaper in the U.K., for example, challenged 21 writers, including romance novelist Jackie Collins and Bridget Jones author Helen Fielding, to come up with a story of up to 140 characters, or one sentence.
And some novelists are employing Twitter in different ways. American writer Christopher Carter Sanderson is penning a novel in 1,000 Tweets, a project that began Oct. 2. The final installment of 1,000, a Novel in Tweets, will tweet on New Year's Day.
"I wanted to be part of taking an established form and growing it into a new way of communicating," Sanderson told TheStreet. "I like the challenge and felt that literature is growing and changing."Sanderson has over 9,000 followers for @1000theNovel, which he describes as a coming-of-age novel set in a fictional preppy New Jersey high school. Set in 1980, the novel's central character is a teenager called Moe Taswell. "He becomes a senior and a lot of momentous things happen," said Sanderson. "The very concentrated, very short bursts of information
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV