HOUSTON, Dec. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Covisint, a Compuware (Nasdaq:CPWR) company, will participate on an oil and gas industry panel in Houston on Friday December 14, 2012, to help energy companies accelerate and manage joint ventures. Thought leaders from Gartner and a major energy company will also join Covisint's Chief Security Officer, Dave Miller, discussing how security breaches and the proliferation of mobile devices demand dramatic changes from the oil and gas industry that employs three-fourths of its workforce from joint venture partnerships.
Gartner's Kevin Kampman, a featured speaker on the panel who specializes in identity management, security, risk and privacy, will discuss how energy companies can most effectively leverage technology internally and externally to overcome these key challenges. And an information risk architect from a major energy company will discuss how it successfully addresses the real-world challenges of joint venture collaboration. Covisint's Miller will show how to engage securely in the cloud to turn IT security challenges into competitive advantages for joint ventures.
This event promises to be a lively and interactive panel discussion with a Q&A portion for participants to directly address the experts with their real-world joint venture challenges. Topics around securing and managing external identities for the energy industry will include:
- implementing more effective communication and collaboration techniques;
- managing external identities accessing highly sensitive information;
- claims-based authentication for higher levels of security; and,
- industry trends, recommendations, next-steps bringing immediate and lasting value.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts