Dec. 13, 2012
/PRNewswire/ -- UBM Tech's portfolio of essential business and technical information for design engineers and the electronics industry today announced
, a website created for design engineers and electronics purchasing professionals to quickly and easily find electronics parts and inventory, has grown 62 percent in online traffic in 2012. The website currently has over 40,000 registered users. Datasheets.com is produced in partnership with
To view the multimedia assets associated with this release, please visit:
Over the past year Datasheets.com has added key new functionality:
- Instant search results for electronic part numbers as an engineer types the part number so component results can be browsed as each letter is typed. This enables engineers to get quicker and easier results for queries.
- Conducting multiple searches by eliminating one character at a time is no longer necessary to increase the number of search results. Users can find all options of the part number or part family when they type their query from the leftmost character to the right. This "left-to-right" approach combined with Datasheets.com's database allows for less searches, more productivity and higher relevancy.
- A dedicated section for electronic part buyers to search for available inventory from dozens of authorized distributors in a seamless, intuitive view. As soon as a part can be identified, all available inventory from multiple distributors is available.
- Linkage to parts mentioned in news, design and product review articles enable users to get directly to Datasheets.com to get up-to-date info about a part and its specifications.
- Pricing information from multiple distributors in a single view.
"We created Datasheets.com to reduce the frustration engineers experience when searching for electronic components. The success of Datasheets.com highlights the vital need of a website dedicated to engineers and purchasing professionals to quickly and easily find the parts and inventory they need to bring new technologies to market," said Amandeep Sandhu, Director of Audience Engagement & Analytics, Electronics, UBM Tech and Product Lead,
"Over the past year we have completed two user interfaces based on key analytics and customer feedback. We will continue to listen our audience to ensure we are delivering them with a solution that fits their needs."
Due to the overwhelming success of Datasheets.com, last month, UBM Tech launched
, a website designed for electronics procurement professionals to quickly and easily find electronics components from dozens of distributors at once. PartBuyer.com demonstrates UBM Tech's commitment to the electronics procurement market.
In addition, earlier this year,
, was recognized as a Webby honoree in the Website – IT Hardware/Software category. The Webby Awards is the leading international award honoring excellence on the Internet.
Electronics engineers and electronics purchasing professionals can register for Datasheets.com for free at
interested in adding an active data feed of electronic parts free of charge,
interested in adding inventory stock and have it listed next to part numbers searched by thousands of engineers daily for no charge,
. (Datasheets.com only accepts inventory feeds from authorized distributors.)
Technology vendors interested in sponsorship opportunities, contact
or 415 947 6756.
About UBM Tech
is a global media business that provides information, events, training, data services, and marketing solutions for the technology industry. Its media brands and information services inform and inspire decision makers across the entire technology market — engineers and design professionals, software and game developers, solutions providers and integrators, networking and communications executives, and business technology professionals. UBM Tech's industry-leading media brands include
Game Developer Conference
. The company's information products include research, education, training, and data services that accelerate decision making for technology buyers. UBM Tech also offers a full range of marketing services based on its content and technology market expertise, including custom events, content marketing solutions, community development and demand generation programs. UBM Tech is a part of
(UBM.L), a global provider of media and information services with a market capitalization of more than
About SiliconExpert Technologies
SiliconExpert Technologies' Electronic Parts Database is one of the most accurate, comprehensive and current in the industry covering 185 million electronic components in hundreds of product lines from over 10,000 suppliers. End-of-life (EOL) forecasting, finding Cross References (form, fit and function alternatives), Lifecycle statuses, Parametric Data and Product Change Notice (PCN) alerts are a few of the features of SiliconExpert's suite of products that provide Part Search, BOM Management and Obsolescence mitigation solutions. SiliconExpert's customer base includes leading commercial and government OEMs, top-tier authorized distributors, contract manufacturers and component suppliers. Learn more about SiliconExpert Technologies' solutions at
For more information on UBM Tech please contact:
, Vice President, Marketing, ElectronicsT: 516.562.5652, E:
SOURCE UBM Tech