CAT Squared Develops Overall Equipment Effectiveness Module
CONWAY, Ark., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CAT Squared (CAT²), a software and service company for the food industry, has developed an OEE plug-in module as part of their Food Safety and Quality Management Tool (known simply as "HAT") that is proving extremely valuable. The new module is designed to reduce equipment downtime, lower maintenance costs, improve equipment life-cycle management, and improve labor efficiencies.
CAT Squared's OEE Software Module is simplistic in its interface, but extremely intuitive. One of CAT Squared's customers realized a return on investment in one quarter (three months) after implementing the HAT OEE solution.
Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE) is a standard of metrics for evaluating how effectively a plant operates and how efficiently its resources are utilized. The operational visibility resulting from knowing exactly where inefficiencies are located at the moment they are taking place is revolutionizing food processing operations.
Without detailed real-time OEE intelligence companies have traditionally been forced to repeatedly purchase and upgrade equipment to improve productivity. Many companies unnecessarily invest in expensive new equipment negatively impacting their bottom line simply because they did not have the business intelligence to maximize the productivity of their existing equipment & processes.The following problems need to be identified and resolved to maximize Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE):
- Excessive Downtime
- Slow Line Speeds /Slow Production Rates
- Inadequate Quality Control & Quality Assurance
- High Scrap Rate / High Waste Generation
- Improper Reporting / Unreliable Data Entry
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV