3 Stocks Pushing The Transportation Industry Lower
1. As of noon trading, J.B. Hunt Transport Services ( JBHT) is down $0.50 (-0.9%) to $56.79 on average volume Thus far, 387,421 shares of J.B. Hunt Transport Services exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 961,400 shares. The stock has ranged in price between $56.74-$58.30 after having opened the day at $57.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $57.29. J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides transportation and delivery services in the continental United States, Canada, and Mexico. J.B. Hunt Transport Services has a market cap of $7.0 billion and is part of the services sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 23.5, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 30.5% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 12 analysts that rate J.B. Hunt Transport Services a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 10 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates J.B. Hunt Transport Services as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Get the full J.B. Hunt Transport Services Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 4 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the transportation industry could consider iShares Dow Jones Transportation ( IYT) while those bearish on the transportation industry could consider ProShares UltraShort Industrials ( SIJ). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts