1. As of noon trading, Weyerhaeuser ( WY) is down $0.19 (-0.7%) to $27.54 on light volume Thus far, 806,900 shares of Weyerhaeuser exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.5 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $27.49-$27.73 after having opened the day at $27.64 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $27.73. Weyerhaeuser Company, a forest products company, grows and harvests trees, builds homes, and manufactures forest products worldwide. It grows and harvests trees for use as lumber, other wood and building products, and pulp and paper. Weyerhaeuser has a market cap of $14.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 48.4, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 47.8% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Weyerhaeuser a buy, 5 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Weyerhaeuser as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, revenue growth and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full Weyerhaeuser Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the materials & construction industry could consider SPDR S&P Homebuilders ETF ( XHB) while those bearish on the materials & construction industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts