1. As of noon trading, LyondellBasell Industries ( LYB) is down $0.31 (-0.6%) to $53.71 on light volume Thus far, 658,158 shares of LyondellBasell Industries exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4.6 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $53.54-$54.25 after having opened the day at $54.02 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.02. LyondellBasell Industries N.V. manufacturers and sells chemicals and polymers, refines crude oil, produces gasoline blending components, and develops and licenses technologies for the production of polymers. LyondellBasell Industries has a market cap of $31.1 billion and is part of the basic materials sector. The company has a P/E ratio of 16.4, below the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 66.3% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 11 analysts that rate LyondellBasell Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates LyondellBasell Industries as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat weak growth in earnings per share. Get the full LyondellBasell Industries Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 3 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the chemicals industry could consider Materials Select Sector SPDR ( XLB) while those bearish on the chemicals industry could consider ProShares Short Basic Materials Fd ( SBM). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts