1. As of noon trading, Research in Motion ( RIMM) is up $0.66 (5.0%) to $13.97 on heavy volume Thus far, 35.9 million shares of Research in Motion exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 32.3 million shares. The stock has ranged in price between $13.44-$14.04 after having opened the day at $13.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $13.31. Research In Motion Limited designs, manufactures, and markets wireless solutions for the mobile communications market worldwide. Research in Motion has a market cap of $6.5 billion and is part of the technology sector. Shares are down 13.1% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Research in Motion a buy, 12 analysts rate it a sell, and 17 rate it a hold. TheStreet Ratings rates Research in Motion as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself. Get the full Research in Motion Ratings Report now. EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass If you are interested in one of these 5 stocks, ETFs may be of interest. Investors who are bullish on the telecommunications industry could consider iShares Dow Jones US Telecom ( IYZ) while those bearish on the telecommunications industry could consider ProShares Ult Sht Telecommunication ( TLL). A reminder about TheStreet Ratings group: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts