WICHITA, Kan., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- CLC Lodging, a leading negotiator of workforce lodging rates, is pleased to announce that its Hotel Locator app for Android® is now available to CLC customers free of charge through the Google Play® store.
By offering an easy-to-use hotel search tool using Android's® built-in GPS capability to instantly map CLC hotels to a traveler's current location, CLC hopes to ease the busy business travel life for its customers.
"More than 90% of our customers take their mobile devices when they travel. Our goal is to offer CLC customers a streamlined, fast and friendly hotel search interface while on the road or when they don't have access to a personal computer," said Tim Downs, President at CLC Lodging. "Our customers are busy road warriors. The ability to instantly map and get directions to the closest CLC partner hotel is a tremendous benefit to our travelers. Our iPhone® app, also introduced this year, has been very well received and we are excited to provide our Android® equipped travelers with the same instant mapping capability."
The new application is a private password-protected application that requires sign-up with CLC Lodging to access. The Hotel Locator mobile app takes full advantage of Android's® native technology to allow users to:
- Easily search from CLC's broad network of hotels using the current location or by entering city, address or ZIP detail
- Map hotels using GPS technology and get directions in seconds
- Fine-tune hotel searches by distance and rate ranges
- Toggle hotel search results quickly between a hotel list and map view
- Filter by breakfast, high-speed Internet and truck parking
- View hotel details, amenities and photos
- One-tap dial to the hotel to make reservations
- Access CLC's 24-hour Traveler Support Center support line