MENOMONEE FALLS, Wis., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Briggs & Stratton Corporation (NYSE: BGG)– Menomonee Falls Distribution Center, owned by Burke Properties, Inc., has earned the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency's (EPA's) ENERGY STAR certification, which signifies that the building performs in the top 25 percent of similar facilities nationwide for energy efficiency and meets strict energy efficiency performance levels set by the EPA.
Briggs & Stratton – Menomonee Falls Distribution Center (MFDC) is pleased to accept EPA's ENERGY STAR certification in recognition of our energy efficiency efforts," saidBill Harlow, MFDC Facility Manager. "Through this achievement, we have demonstrated our commitment to environmental stewardship while also lowering our energy costs."
Commercial buildings that earn EPA's ENERGY STAR certification use an average of 35 percent less energy than typical buildings and also release 35 percent less carbon dioxide into the atmosphere. Briggs & Stratton improved its energy performance by managing energy strategically across the entire organization and by making cost-effective improvements to its buildings. Briggs & Stratton has prevented greenhouse gas emissions equal to the electricity use from 4,300 households for a year*."Improving the energy efficiency of our nation's buildings is critical to protecting our environment," said Jean Lupinacci, Chief of the ENERGY STAR Commercial & Industrial Branch. "From the boiler room to the board room, organizations are leading the way by making their buildings more efficient and earning EPA's ENERGY STAR certification." To earn the ENERGY STAR, Briggs & Stratton – Menomonee Falls Distribution Center took the following actions:
- Created a sustainability team that remains focused and enthusiastic about energy efficiency and bettering their workplace.
- Upgraded the entire production floor lighting to energy efficient fluorescents fixtures with motion sensors reducing lighting demand by more than 50%.
- Converted the entire forklift and support vehicle fleet to high frequency, off-peak charging units.
- Installed motion sensors throughout the building's conveyor system reducing energy and maintenance costs.
- Briggs & Stratton has partnered extensively with Wisconsin's Focus on Energy program for all of these energy efficiency improvements reducing MFDC's electric usage by 36% over the past 3 years.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV