The exact same setup is forming in Visa (V) right now, but the payment network is closer to being buyable from here. Like BHP, Visa has been rallying hard in an uptrending channel since June, climbing more than 28% since the first trading day of that month. Now, as Visa comes down to test support for a ninth time, it makes sense to buy the bounce.
The fact that Visa has made so many bounces off of support already is a good sign. It proves that this stock can easily catch a bid at or below that trendline support level and that the rally hasn't just been a fluke. That doesn't change the fact that it's critical to wait for shares to actually bounce off of that support level before jumping onboard -- we still need to see that buyers in Visa are active before it makes sense to put real cash on this trade.
The 50-day moving average has acted as a good proxy for support over the last several months. That makes it a logical spot to place a stop below...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV