First up is industrial gas supplier Praxair (PX), a stock that's had a less than inspiring run in 2012 -- shares of the $31.6 billion firm are essentially flat since the first trading day in January. But that could be about to change.
Praxair is currently forming an ascending triangle pattern, and it's a long one. This pattern has been setting up since all the way back in early June. But the longer the pattern, the bigger the trading implications, so this is one setup worth watching. The ascending triangle is a bullish price pattern that's formed by a horizontal resistance level above shares and uptrending support below. As PX bounces in between those two levels, it's getting squeezed closer and closer to a breakout above $109 resistance. When that breakout happens, we've got a buy signal in Praxair.
Momentum adds some extra confirmation to Praxair's upside setup. While this stock has meandered sideways, 14-day RSI has been increasing in a shallow uptrend. Since momentum is a leading indicator of price, that's a good sign for longs in this stock right now...
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV