BALTIMORE (Stockpickr) -- Looks like Ben Bernanke has a bigger shopping list for the holidays than most. And he just made it $45 billion bigger.
Sure enough, more stimulus is flowing into the market as of yesterday's Fed announcement, with Ben Bernanke dropping the news that another $45 billion in monthly Treasury purchases would add onto the $45 billion in mortgage debt that the Fed was already buying. And the Fed's new rate plans are getting plenty of attention too -- the Fed plans to keep rates near zero until unemployment falls down to 6.5%.That's a big hint towards future rates considering the fact that Bernanke's previous strategy had just been "low rates for the foreseeable future". More importantly, it's good for equities. Not necessarily because the stimulus itself is good for the market, but more directly because it's what Wall Street had been expecting. And investors loosen their purse strings when their expectations get met. All of this means that we're seeing the pieces come together for a year-end rally in stocks. That's why we're taking a technical look at five big names that are tradable this week. >>5 "Magic Formula" Stocks for 2013 If you're new to technical analysis, here's the executive summary. Technicals are a study of the market itself. Since the market is ultimately the only mechanism that determines a stock's price, technical analysis is a valuable tool even in the roughest of trading conditions. Technical charts are used every day by proprietary trading floors, Wall Street's biggest financial firms, and individual investors to get an edge on the market. And research shows that skilled technical traders can bank gains as much as 90% of the time. Every week, I take an in-depth look at big names that are telling important technical stories. Here's this week's look at the charts of five high-volume stocks to trade for gains.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV