WARREN, Mich., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- GM engineering to donate $5,000 to Warren Consolidated Schools for carolers
- Student carolers spread holiday cheer at GM global engineering center throughout month of December
The GM global engineering team has enjoyed more than the large Christmas tree display brightly in their lobby entrance this holiday season. Throughout the month of December, students from the Warren Consolidated Schools sang and performed instrumentals for the GM engineers on Tuesday and Thursday mornings to provide some additional holiday cheer.
Not a stranger to supporting student development, the GM global engineering team has donated $5,000 to the local school district as a token of appreciation for their performances. Robert D. Livernois, Ph.D., Superintendent, Warren Consolidated schools will receive the check in a ceremony at 8:00 a.m. in the Cafetorium of the GM Global Vehicle Engineering Center in Warren, MI.
"We are always looking for ways to support the local community and education," stated John Calabrese, Vice President, GM Global Vehicle Engineering. "Having the students perform for us the past few weeks has been a great treat for the entire team and we are happy to show our appreciation."General Motors Co. (NYSE: GM, TSX: GMM) and its partners produce vehicles in 30 countries, and the company has leadership positions in the world's largest and fastest-growing automotive markets. GM's brands include Chevrolet and Cadillac, as well as Baojun, Buick, GMC, Holden, Isuzu, Jiefang, Opel, Vauxhall and Wuling. More information on the company and its subsidiaries, including OnStar, a global leader in vehicle safety, security and information services, can be found at http://www.gm.com. SOURCE General Motors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV