MCLEAN, Va., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- USA TODAY Travel Media Group has announced the beta launch of HotelMe , an authenticated hotel review site. HotelMe is a joint venture of USA TODAY Travel Media Group and District Hospitality Partners.
Authenticated hotel reviews represent the next generation of online travel review sites for travelers seeking a trusted resource. Hotel brands including Hyatt, Best Western, La Quinta, Trump, Preferred Hotels, Omni, and Radisson – representing more than 8,000 hotel rooms - have already signed on to verify whether review writers actually stayed at their properties, regardless of how or where they booked the room. The authentication process (patent pending), enables HotelMe to show consumers verified reviews from hotel guests who paid and stayed at the hotel.
" USA TODAY knows travelers and we think consumers will be eager to utilize these authenticated hotel reviews when making their travel plans. HotelMe is part of a larger USA TODAY Travel Media Group strategy to provide consumers with news and information all throughout the travel process – from trip planning to providing news and information while they're away from home to reviews upon their return," said John Peters, president of the USA TODAY Travel Media Group.
"The problem of fake reviews in the travel industry is widespread and we think we have a solution to that problem in HotelMe's authentication process. Consumers can now take comfort in the fact that all of the reviews marked as 'verified stays' on HotelMe are based on real stays - meaning the review reflects the experiences of guests who paid and stayed at the property, a fact that is verified against hotel records," said Trip Schneck, a managing partner and co-founder of HotelMe.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV