(NASDAQ:AMZN) – Amazon.com, Inc. today introduced the Amazon Instant Video App, enabling customers to stream or download Amazon Instant Video movies and TV episodes from their video library directly on their iPhone or iPod touch. The app also makes more than 30,000 titles from Prime Instant Video available to Prime members such as hit TV shows like American Horror Story, Downton Abbey and Fringe, as well as popular movies such as Hugo, Thor and Goodfellas, to stream instantly on their iPhone or iPod touch at no additional cost. Amazon announced the Amazon Instant Video app for iPad earlier this year. With today’s launch, Amazon Instant Video is now available across iOS mobile devices.
“Our customers tell us they want the convenience of being able to watch all of their movies and TV episodes, wherever they are,” said Anthony Bay, Amazon.com Vice President for Video. “Today we’re excited to extend our ‘buy once, enjoy everywhere’ approach to iPhone and iPod touch users, giving customers the chance to enjoy more than 140,000 titles from Amazon Instant Video and more than 30,000 titles from Prime Instant Video anytime, anywhere.”
To watch movies or TV episodes from Amazon Instant Video on iPhone and iPod touch, customers can simply search for the content they’ve already rented or purchased from Amazon Instant Video—including the latest hit movies like The Dark Knight Rises, Brave and The Amazing Spiderman and the latest episodes from TV series like The Walking Dead, Sons of Anarchy and The Vampire Diaries.
The Amazon Instant Video App for iPhone and iPod touch offers features including:
- “Your Watchlist” feature that lets customers make a list of all the movies and TV episodes they want to watch in the future, regardless of whether they own the video or not, making it easy to keep track of specific videos for later viewing.
- “Your Video Library” feature that gives iPhone and iPod touch customers access to purchases and rentals from Amazon Instant Video on the web.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts