"Because of dramatic server and storage consolidation, we've been able to shrink our data center footprint significantly and decrease our capital IT budget by 20-30%. We're expecting to realize multi-million dollar cost savings and avoidance of added expenses over five years. These savings give us room to grow and develop IT services that support the company's efforts."
"With an ITaaS model, our business users are no longer involved with backend details of the infrastructure. Once the project team establishes the business requirements, their IT counterparts can quickly provision appropriate storage and data protection."
"With EMC's backup and recovery solutions, we can keep our data well protected, yet easily retrievable. De-duplication rates of up to 98% have reduced our backups from hours to minutes. We've also reduced backup tapes by nearly 90% per month, which provides added cost and time savings."
"The resilience of our private cloud proved invaluable when one of our sites got hit with 60+ tornadoes within a 12 hour period. While our local competitors were down for days, we successfully rerouted traffic and Monday morning was business as usual at Purdue, with all connections safely switched over and no data loss or connectivity interruption."Additional Resources:
- Learn more about EMC Avamar and EMC RecoverPoint
- Learn more about VCE Vblock
- Connect with EMC via Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, LinkedIn and ECN
EMC Corporation is a global leader in enabling businesses and service providers to transform their operations and deliver IT as a service. Fundamental to this transformation is cloud computing. Through innovative products and services, EMC accelerates the journey to cloud computing, helping IT departments to store, manage, protect and analyze their most valuable asset — information — in a more agile, trusted and cost-efficient way. Additional information about EMC can be found at www.EMC.com. EMC, Avamar, and EMC RecoverPoint are registered trademarks or trademarks of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. VCE and Vblock are registered trademarks or trademarks of VCE Company LLC or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV