HOPKINTON, Mass., Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- In partnership with EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) Purdue Pharma L.P. - a privately-held pharmaceutical company engaged in research, development, production, and marketing of prescription and over-the-counter medicines and healthcare products - has transformed its IT infrastructure with EMC®, VMware and VCE ™ technologies. Purdue Pharma is leveraging these technologies to enable and accelerate virtualization and IT consolidation and achieved delivery of IT-as-a-Service (ITaaS) while enabling disaster recovery.
- Reduced Infrastructure and Energy Costs - IT transformation has reduced Purdue's data center footprint by 70% with projected infrastructure savings of $9 million and energy cost savings of $2.5 million over five years.
- Assured Rapid Disaster Recovery - Purdue Pharma has increased resiliency to recover from natural disasters, such as tornadoes that wipe out power and communications, in just hours instead of days with EMC RecoverPoint ® continuous data protection.
- Improved Backup and Recovery - EMC Avamar ® helps keep drug data securely protected, yet easily retrievable.
Customer Challenges and Solution:
With no action, Purdue Pharma would soon have faced the risks of running out of power capacity and data center space, disaster recovery software losing support from the vendor, and a myriad of new cost and configuration complexities. Its aging infrastructure had difficulty keeping up with the massive volumes of new data. To help the business, IT needed to also speed delivery of specialized customer relationship management (CRM) services and enable iPad support for an increasingly mobile and connected sales force.To help Purdue Pharma increase its ability to deliver new services, the company selected EMC Avamar deduplication backup software, RecoverPoint continuous data protection while leveraging support capabilities from EMC Global Services as well as VCE Vblock ™ Systems for converged infrastructure and VMware vSphere. Purdue Pharma's new IT infrastructure supports its critical applications including Microsoft Exchange, SQL Server, SharePoint, Oracle, SAP and CRM. Customer Quotes: Steve Rayda, Chief Technology Officer, Purdue Pharma "Faster time to market is critical as Purdue enters new areas where our exact IT requirements are not predictable. With the agility of an IT infrastructure built on EMC, VCE and VMware technologies, we can dynamically allocate infrastructure resources as needed. It has helped us to deliver services quickly and efficiently. Not only are we supporting the company's mission, but we're helping to do so more efficiently."
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts