BUFFALO, N.Y., Dec. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- First Niagara Financial Group, Inc. (Nasdaq:FNFG) has promoted Avi Patel to serve as the multi-state bank's chief marketing officer.
A photo accompanying this release is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=16269
As CMO, Patel is responsible for First Niagara's branding and marketing strategies, as well as management of departments and agency partners tasked with implementing those strategies through traditional and interactive advertising, marketing, and promotions."Avi empowers his teams to collaborate and succeed, providing leadership that is at once visionary and practical," Executive Vice President, Retail Banking Mark Rendulic said. "Most recently, he led the successful launch of our new 'Do Great Things' campaign, sharing First Niagara's conviction that good isn't good enough when it comes to helping our customers and neighbors achieve the goals they're pursuing for their families, businesses and communities. We look forward to Avi's contributions and continued leadership as First Niagara's CMO." Patel will remain based in Buffalo and will continue to head First Niagara's retail product development and management group, which he has led as its director since joining the bank in January 2011 as a senior vice president. Prior to joining First Niagara, he served as a vice president at Wilmington Trust Co., where he was responsible for sales and marketing strategy, product development and management, and consumer and business banking channel development over more than seven years at the Wilmington, Del. bank. Earlier in his career, he was at Citibank and FirstUSA Bank, with responsibility for marketing analytics on the banks' industry leading credit card portfolios.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV