KANSAS CITY, Mo., Dec. 13, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- The Tiger Institute and the University of Missouri Health Care achieved another milestone in electronic medical record adoption with the HIMSS Stage 7 award. This puts MU Health Care in the top 1.8% of hospitals in the nation in the use of technology to deliver safe, quality patient care. In 2009, the University of Missouri and Cerner (Nasdaq:CERN) created the Tiger Institute for Health Innovation as a unique, groundbreaking partnership designed to transform the health and care of Missourians. Since its founding three years ago, the Tiger Institute has led MUHC from HIMSS EMRAM Stage 3 to Stage 7 across five facilities.
"Achieving the highest level of electronic medical record adoption is not only an honor, but a reflection of the hard work and dedication of our clinicians and information technology staff," said Joanne Burns, chief information officer at MU Health Care. "The Tiger Institute's ultimate goal has always been to use health information technology to enhance the quality and safety of the care we provide. MU Health Care shares Cerner's belief that a solid technology infrastructure is the foundation for improving the health and care of patients and the community."
Working side-by-side, MU Health Care and the Tiger Institute are implementing solutions at an unprecedented rate, exceeding clinical and operational expectations and fostering clinical innovation. Since the founding of the partnership, MU Health Care has earned the following awards:
- Missouri Quality Award
- "Most Wired" hospital by the American Hospital Association's Hospitals & Health Networks magazine (in both 2011 and 2012)
- US News and World Reports "Most Connected"
- HIMSS EMRAM Stage 7 across five facilities
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV