Citrix (NASDAQ:CTXS) today announced more than 200,000 organizations globally have adopted Podio, a powerful collaboration platform that enables people to work the way they want to, cut down on email and free themselves from content chaos. Podio can be accessed on the web, iPad, iPhone and Android devices, providing organizations with greater flexibility and transparency than ever before.
“The social business industry is at an important inflection point, as organizations are now moving beyond just sharing and transparency, and are adopting a more mature focus on getting real work done,” said Alan Lepofsky, vice president and principal analyst at Constellation Research. “Citrix Podio’s approach is to provide customers a platform on which they can improve core business processes by adding integrated collaboration elements, enabling them to realize the business value that social software can really provide.”
Podio by the numbers
- Today, more than 2.6 million Podio apps from the Podio App Market have been installed in Podio workspaces. Podio workspaces have reached 700,000.
- More than 300,000 Podio apps have been created from scratch or modified by Podio users using the simple Podio App Builder, representing as many unique ways of getting work done.
- Almost 50 percent of Podio workspaces are ‘open’ instead of ‘private,’ meaning any employee within an organization can participate. The large numbers of open Podio workspaces validates the growing industry trend towards sharing and increasing transparency in the workplace via social technology.
- Podio users have created 80 percent more status messages in workspace activity streams than private messages, and 50 percent more openly shared tasks than private ones. The way Podio users collaborate and communicate using Podio aligns with the workshifting trend of collaborating through social business tools and moving away from traditional communication silos, such as email or privately delegated tasks.
Introducing Podio ShareCitrix also announced today an innovative new Podio feature enabling users to share content, app data and tasks from Podio with teammates, partners or customers outside a private Podio workspace. The Podio Share feature also enables sharing of select content with recipients that are not in the Podio environment without compromising content privacy. Podio Share extends the collaborative power of Podio to anyone, but lets teams stay in control of the content they share. Podio customer Miinto, an online fashion retailer operating in seven countries worldwide, uses Podio to host the online sale of more than 120,000 fashion products from over 1500 independent fashion retailers and brands. Podio CRM apps facilitate the daily handling of thousands of sales leads at Miinto, inhouse and in the field, that make it easy for the sales team to stay coordinated and updated on the progress of deals in real time. Podio also enables every Miinto employee to communicate and collaborate efficiently across all markets in which Miinto operates. With Podio Share, Miinto can now extend the Podio platform to anyone involved in a new product launch, including models working as contractors. “As part of the Miinto photo studio, we work with a lot of freelancers and contractors,” said Rory Gullan, photo studio manager, Miinto UK. “By using Podio Share I can now invite these contractors to very specific parts of our Podio workspaces, without having to share too much information; it means that sensitive information is kept secure, but it also makes it very easy for someone externally to access only what's relevant to them on Podio.”
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts