Semtech Corporation (Nasdaq:SMTC), a leading supplier of analog and mixed-signal semiconductors, today launched two new devices in its high-brightness LED (HB LED) driver platform.
The SC5014 and SC5014A are 4-channel and 2-channel (respectively), HB LED drivers designed to dramatically reduce display thickness in mid-size consumer and industrial displays by enabling the use of tiny inductors, while offering competitive efficiency. Advanced control architecture allows designers to further enhance the efficiency by 4 percent through the use of a standard inductor.
“Our new SC5014 and SC5014A white LED drivers are extremely flexible and powerful solutions for medium-sized display backlighting,” said Andy Khayat, Senior Business Unit Director for Consumer Power in Semtech’s Power Management Group. “The small size, high output power rating and extensive control features of these new products enable designers to meet the toughest display design challenges.”
Both devices provide extensive control and protection features such as pulse-width modulation (PWM) and I2C-controlled dimming, open/shorted LED, adjustable over-voltage (OVP), over-temperature and under-voltage lock-out (UVLO).Key Features of SC5014, SC5014A
- Wide V IN range: 4.5V to 27V
- High V OUT range: up to 50V
- Use ultra-thin, 2.2µH inductors (1mm height)
- SC5014: 4-ch, up to 56 LEDs at 120mA/ch, phase-shifted dimming
- SC5014A: 2-ch LED driver, up to 28 LEDs at 240mA/ch, non-phase-shifted dimming
- High efficiency up to 92%
- Wide dimming range up to 5000:1 at 200kHz PWM input
- +/-1 percent channel current matching for uniform display brightness
- Reduced BOM: only one inductor, one external FET, no external compensation components
- Package: 20-pin QFN (4 mm x 4 mm x1 mm), RoHS and WEEE compliant