NAPERVILLE, Ill. and LONDON, Dec. 13, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Calamos Investments®*, a globally diversified investment management firm, released a new Investment Perspectives commentary by John P. Calamos, Sr., the firm's Chief Executive Officer and Global Co-Chief Investment Officer. The commentary, titled "Prescriptions for U.S. Economic Growth," provides the firm's views on the current economic environment, the U.S. fiscal cliff, factors that may affect the U.S. and global markets, as well as investing opportunities and risks.
"We believe that the U.S. economy is likely to maintain its slow growth path and avoid a recession. Although the partisan political environment is highly discouraging, we expect that a precipitous fall from the fiscal cliff can be averted. We maintain hope that the U.S. will take steps to become a better home for capital and for businesses. This can set the stage for job growth and increased prosperity for more individuals. As active, fundamental investors, we must be ready to invest through many different environments, always considering the risks and opportunities of multiple economic scenarios. We are prepared to adapt to the evolving environment as we maintain our long-standing investment processes," said John P. Calamos, Sr.
Topics include the following:
- The U.S. should maintain a slow growth path while volatility persists in the global financial markets.
- An environment that encourages business investment and hiring leads to individual and national prosperity.
- Governments should clearly identify and support their countries' comparative advantages.
- Secular growth opportunities remain compelling against a backdrop of a rapidly growing middle class in emerging markets, a focus on productivity enhancement, and increased longevity.
Global secular themes and long-term opportunities:
- A rapidly evolving middle class in emerging markets creates global growth opportunities for companies across market sectors—staples, luxury goods, education, health care, telecommunications.
- Technology companies remain compelling given demand for devices and services that provide connectivity and information.
- Bioscience innovators are positioned to capitalize on longevity trends and individuals' desire to stay healthy.
- Global infrastructure build-out in developing and developed nations can support demand for industrial and materials companies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV