- 47 per cent say they have made unplanned purchases for themselves while holiday shopping this year
- On average, these Canadians have spent $134 on themselves in unplanned purchases, in addition to $398 on the rest of their holiday expenses so far - meaning that unplanned purchasing accounts for approximately one-quarter of holiday spending to date
- A past CIBC poll in November showed that budget conscious Canadians planned to reduce spending by 8 per cent this holiday season
CIBC Poll: Started Your Holiday Shopping? There's A Good Chance You've Also Picked Something Up For Yourself
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.