New Study Suggests Nation Unprepared For Floods
Homeowners in high-flood risk areas may find their property un-mortgagable so, it's important to understand the risks. Our study also shows that we need to work harder to raise awareness about flood risk. I hope that RiskCentral can help people to make the right property decisions, reduce costs and, most importantly, limit their risk to flooding."
1. Survey of 600 homeowners in England and Scotland undertaken in August 2012 and conducted by One Poll on behalf of Ambiental Technical Solutions Ltd.
2. Under-pricing of the flood element of home insurance for domestic customers at significant risk. Association of British Insurers, January 2011 http://www.abi.org.uk/Publications/54261.pdfNotes to Editors About RiskCentral RiskCentral is provided by Ambiental, a specialist flood risk modelling company led by Dr. Justin Butler, a leading expert in international flood risk mapping and modelling. Ambiental has taken very high detail topographic / terrain data for the whole UK and have used this in conjunction with complex computer models to analyse water flow around individual buildings within the landscape. Based on the computer modelled flood water level, a predicted area of inundation, or flood zone, can be mapped out. Three types of flood modelling were carried out by Ambiental on behalf of RiskCentral: fluvial (river) flood; coastal / tidal; and pluvial (surface water). The overall flood risk score, featured in full reports, is calculated by searching at lightning speed through each of these individual flood databases, hosted in the Cloud, to see if a specific location falls within or near one of these pre-defined flood zones. RiskCentral reports provide consumers with invaluable information relating to flood risk and recommendations for dealing with it. SOURCE RiskCentral
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV